Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 04, 2006

The birds and Chilies


A couple of weeks ago our carpenter told me that he planted some vegetables in their backyard so I ask him if he had some chili (labuyo) plants so that I can plant here in our garden because I’m love chilies .Apparently my mom heard our conversation and told us that we already have chili plants before but when the plant started to grow and bear fruit the birds ate all the fruits and the whole plant as well. So I’ve decided not to ask the man to bring me the plants.
Through this scenario, it reminded me of some teachings as a Christian. We planted seeds so we expect the harvest, it’s like when tithing or offering the is result is to multiply or in simple terms bear fruits but sometimes before we can taste the fruit an adversary will steal it from us. It’s not only a question of do we “know how to give”? But also the question of do we “know how to live”? In other words we did not reach or enjoy the fruit because of our lifestyle and sometimes unfaithfulness. So everything is for Him ,His plans, His purpose in order for us to receive this bountiful blessings.

No comments: