Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 01, 2009

Salcedo Saturday market...food haven

the very festive mood of the market

favorite staple food item in every food court is also here...shawarma


Stuffed frog from Everybody's Cafe....excuse me Kermit


Pampanga's Everybody's Cafe's stir fried crickets,its buggylicious but the morcon here is superb!!


Budbod Kabog's Suman two thumbs up....I love their Suman luya
not too sweet and with a very subtle ginger flavor.


Fresh produce

try some samosas here


I love this stall ,especially their Chicken Piri-piri and their breaded Bacalao ,the Portuguese owner /cook is very cordial as well.


This garlic crab is a must!!



A couple of weeks ago i visited the very festive and lively weekend market in Makati,the Salcedo Saturday market so I left my place at around 7:30am and arrived there at about 8:15 and people are starting to come mostly families.It reminds me of some of the flea markets in the west and also in the movie Notting Hill only this market was more on food than other merchandise.The area is full of food stalls for every foodie like some organic products for the health buffs,plants,fresh produce and seafoods,bottled delicacies,and different cuisine from various provinces and different reions of the world as well.They also provides a dining space and pushcarts for the shoppers.At first my primary purpose of going here was to just observe and take some photographs and sample some goodies however as the minutes tick the goal was reversed as moments passed my hands was full of shopping bags so i’ve just took few pictures. So if you’re having this mall and commercialized shopping or eating fatigue like me I really suggest that Salcado Saturday Market is one of the best option around.And when if planning to go there is to be early and be hungry and don’t forget your wallet.

No comments: