Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Scramble a childhood treat...

During my childhood days it was popularly known as the "iskrambol" it was usually sold in the streets usually near the schools.This is a popular street treat for kids because its cold ,colorful , sweet and its cheap.It is made up of ice shavings ,milk,vanilla extract flavoring ,sweetener and some red food coloring to obtain that pink color and usually topped with powdered milk .
Last Sunday when I'm about to go home I saw a long que inside a food court and then I saw its the "good ol' scramble" and then the next day I saw a stall inside a mall near my place so I decided to try it for reminiscin' sake.But I now I noticed that they tweak this treat a little bit by adding some chocolate and strawberry syrup,you can also add some of your toppings of choice like rice crispies,marshmallows,rainbow or choco sprinkles for a minimal fee of 4 pesos per add-on.For a price ranging from 7-17 pesos this surely a big hit for students and kids.As for the adults like me it brings back the sweet and colorful grade school memories.

As for this picture I let them put the powdered milk but for me I prefer not to have those.

Available and can be seen in SM malls.

No comments: