Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Shin Ton Yon(Kiampong and litid)

Its already 2pm after a half day of toy and gadget window shopping last Wednesday in Greenhills I started to find a place to have lunch.Being bored with fast food and food court fare It took me a while to decide what to eat so I browsed and walked around the area and I chanced upon this Chinese deli joint named SHIN TON YON.The place has a distinct 80's Chinatown feel ,they offer Chinese deli like sausages and cold cuts as well as a variety of dishes and treats.Then I ordered a dish called as litid (tendon) to compliment the Kiampong(Chinese style rice).


I have tasted many varieties of this kind of fried rice.For me a real Kiampong must not be too sticky nor too plain and there has to be that unusual smoky flavor.Shin Ton Yon's Kiampong is filled with chopped scrambled eggs,pork and Chinese mushrooms and the taste is great and yet not too heavy nor light on the belly .Like this a lot!!


This dish reminds me of the old Chinese home style cooking ,it has julienned carrots and button mushrooms in sauce.The sauce has a very light and subtle taste but what I like about this is the texture of the tendons ,a jelly like character.Absolutely delish!

No comments: